This month I’m releasing a serial, Ruby Robbins’ Sexy Space Odyssey. It’s in three parts, part 1 and 2 released over the last couple of weeks and the final part releases on the 17th.
As you might guess, the serial is set in space. And it’s the story of Ruby, a shy accounts clerk who gets to save the universe and meet a couple of gorgeous space pirates along the way. It’s part of Entangled Publishing’s Scorched imprint (Beyond your Wildest Fantasies!) When I was asked if I’d like to write something for the line, I thought long and hard, as it would need to be hotter than I was used to writing, but in the end, I decided to take a look at a few of my own fantasies and write a sexy space opera.
Since I fell in love or the first time at the age of eleven, (his name was Han Solo and he was a space pirate!) I’ve had a soft spot for men from space, and here are a few who have had a lasting influence on me…
- Han solo of course. Han is still my favorite, but then you never forget your first love.
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly—serious competition for Han. Firefly is probably my favorite TV series ever. I’ve watched it so many times.
- Doctor Who. I’ve been watching Doctor Who for as long as I’ve been watching TV. Growing up, I wanted to be Doctor’s assistant, and he would fall in love with me, and we’d travel the universe in the TARDIS and…
- …following on from Doctor Who, Torchwood, and Captain Jack. Even if I’m not exactly his type.
- Avon from Blake 7, another of my favorite TV shows growing up. Avon was such a baddie with a wicked way with sarcasm.
- Zaphod Beeblebrox from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy – he had two heads. How cool is that?
How about you – who are your favorite sexy space men?