I have a new release this month. It’s something a little different for me as it’s not really romance. It’s a short story called No More Lies, in a sci-fi anthology, The Telepath Chronicles, which contains fourteen stories all on the theme of telepathy.
No More Lies – Blurb
They promised her a world with no more lies. A better world.
Kaitlin grew up as part of a covert operations group, using her particular talents for what she has always believed to be the greater good. But when her twin brother disappears, Kaitlin must decide where her loyalties lie.
I mainly write romance now, but in all sorts of sub-genres, including Science fiction. But Sci-fi was probably my favorite genre long before I ever got interested in romance. I grew up reading Arthur C Clarke, Robert Heinlein, Frank Herbert, Anne Mccaffrey and many more.
There is so much scope in science fiction, just about anything can happen, the possibilities are as limitless as the universe itself. All the same there are certain tropes that draw me back again and again to both books and movies. So here are my top ten favorite sci-fi tropes:
- Robots – think Terminator, best robot movie ever!
- Aliens – think Aliens, just about my favorite film.
- Time travel – Terminator and Doctor Who.
- Genetic modification – Gattaca.
- Space colonization – Aliens, Dune, Firefly…
- Telepaths – The Telepath Chronicles – honestly, it’s great – try it!
- Evolution – Planet of the Apes?
- Cloning – Never Let me Go, The Island.
- Cyborgs – Star Trek, Doctor Who.
- Artificial Intelligence – 2001 A Space Oddyssey
Any other sci-fi addicts out there? If so what is your favorite sci-fi trope?