Hi, all! Jennifer here.
Cupid is in the air this month at The Heart-Shaped Glasses blog! And I’m here to talk about one of my very favorite tropes in romance books. And that is “The Matchmaker”.
Oh, my goodness, why do I love this trope so?
- Matchmaker books usually lead to a LOVE TRIANGLE. Oooh! Drama!
- Matchmaker books are usually very FUN, especially since either the person doing the matchmaking or the person on the other end of the matchmaking is not happy with the situation.
- Matchmaker books force one or both of the characters to realize their true feelings pretty fast then fight for them
If I could, I’d write another Matchmaker book, but since my last one–WRONG BROTHER, RIGHT MATCH— came out 6 months ago, I’ll have to wait. Boo-hiss.
But I have a few other favorite matchmaker books to share with you!
- Searching for Someday by Jennifer Probst — really fun and hot! Plus, there was a little paranormal twist added that I loved.
- Match Me if You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips– super fun and funny! And she happens to be my fav author.
Hope you get a chance to read my book, Wrong Brother, Right Match or one of the other two books I mentioned and enjoy them as much as I have!
Do you like matchmaker romances? What are your favorites?