It’s March already and maybe time to see how the year is going. I set myself some pretty hard goals for 2017, and while I’m not doing too badly, I could definitely do with a few more words on the page. One of my problems is I’m very easily side-tracked at the moment. So I thought it might be useful to actually work out what I am spending my time on when I should be writing.
Here’s a list of the main contenders…
- Meet my number one distraction this year. This is Rufino, who joined the family just after Christmas. He’s a seven-year-old Spanish/Arab gelding and he’s lovely. If I’m not actually riding him, grooming him, or training him in the round pen, then I’m watching Youtube video’s on how to ride him, groom him, and train him… Plus, I still have my mare, Gencianna, and I have to spend lots of time with her so she doesn’t feel left out.
- Facebooking – this one has got to stop. But there are so many interesting posts about how to ride, groom and train your horse.
- Reading – I’ve been doing a lot of reading lately and still have about 50 unread books on my kindle, so not going to stop anytime soon.
- Binge watching 24 – Sigh – I love jack Bauer. But I’m on the final season so this one will end soon.
- Killer Sudoku. I seem to have become a little obsessed with playing killer Sudoku online (http://www.killersudokuonline.com/). But apparently, it keeps your brain functioning, so I don’t beat myself up about it. My brain needs all the help it can get.
- Milking an uncooperative goat. Honestly, this was not on my agenda. And it shouldn’t be happening. But my goat apparently has something called precocious udder, which means she is producing milk (unless she’s been out shagging and is actually pregnant—this better not be the case.) Normally, this goes away on its own, but honestly, her udders were positively gargantuan, they were almost dragging on the ground. I needed to do something.
So they’re the main things taking up my time at the moment. What about you? What’s your biggest time suck from the things you really should be doing?