Marketing can be a painful process, but like many things, it’s easier if you share the pain. Cross promoting with other authors can be fun and is a great way of getting your books in front of new readers.
I love the idea of authors helping authors, and after all, there are enough readers for everyone. So here are a few ways authors can help promote each other…
- Mention other authors in your newsletter, share their good reviews, release dates, add links to their websites and books. Tell your subscribers what books you’ve enjoyed reading or what books you’re looking forward to.
- If you have a blog, invite other authors to participate.
- Or set up a joint blog with a group of authors, like this one.
- Do a Facebook party and invite your author friends to help you host. Same with Twitter and anywhere else you can party.
- Tweet about what you’re reading.
- Facebook about other authors you love.
- Share their tweets and Facebook posts.
- Produce a themed box set with other authors in the same genre.
- Set up group sales or joint giveaways, and promote the other authors and hopefully they will promote you.
I recently released Flying Through Fire, book 6 in my dark Desires series. I shared my release day with fabulous author, Dawn Cartier, who writes wonderful paranormal books based in her home town of New Orleans. And I had the pleasure of meeting Dawn earlier this year in Las Vegas at the RT Booklovers convention.
We tweeted and Facebooked about our releases and included links to each other’s books in our newsletters. Hopefully it introduced a few of Dawn’s readers to me, and vice versa. We also did a combined rafflecoptor giveaway which has a few days left. So please, go meet Dawn…