Today, Landra Graf is taking over to talk about her upcoming release. I’ve read this story, I’m happy to say, and it. is. phenomenal.
Thank you to Lori and the Heart Shaped Glasses gang for letting me hijack a spot along my blog tour. The release Raven Pirate Assassin Spy is only 14 days away. You can tell I’m excited huh? If you missed any other spots on the tour, swing by my website for a complete listing. I’m sharing different stuff at each spot. Behind the scenes details, info on the book genre, details about my characters—everything, really. Oh, and did I mention exclusive excerpts that no one has seen.
Today, I’m going to give everyone the low down on my hero, Ian Malcolm.
Five Fun Facts about Ian Malcolm:
- His personality is inspired by Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Chris Pine a la Captain Kirk, and a good dose of Star Lord. Yes, start drooling Chris Pratt fans.
- He’s one of the marked, a term given to those from the United States who’ve lost their rights due to participating in activities deemed un-American; trading on the black market, being in the skin trade, or anything considered in support of Europe’s hedonistic ways. Being marked usually involves arrest and imprisonment as well.
- While working as a bounty hunter for The Cursed gang, Ian is actually a merchant and the son of a wealthy land-owner in New Orleans.
- Likes strong women, but it’s hard for him to believe in them since his experience with women hasn’t paired well with the words long-term relationship.
- He believes in solving problems without the loss of life. In fact, he and Sorella clash often about this notion.
To give you an idea, here’s a short excerpt:
She’d taken off her jacket and stood, white blouse visible, bosom obscured by the vest, at the far side of her cabin. He was starting to pay attention to body parts he shouldn’t. “What the hell did you throw at me?”
Confusion bloomed on her face, and her brows furrowed. “What?”
“The knife. What is that thing?”
“A balisong. Why?” She stood on the other side of the room still, near the porthole.
He stepped up to her desk, looking at the map pile. “I like to know what people are trying to kill me with.”
He failed to hear her move, didn’t even know she’d taken a position behind him, until he felt a sharp edge slip through his shirt seams and poke his belly.
“If I wanted to kill you, you’d be dead.”
“Why don’t you?” The words came out in a whisper. Somehow her close proximity called for such a thing.
She removed the knife and slinked away to stand on the opposite side of the desk. “Because you said you can tell me where we go next. Who would know where they are?”
Once Upon A Time…
Sorella Corvino lost her brother to The Cursed years ago. Sorella is so determined to find him, she’ll make any deal, rescue the outcasts and those like him, and risk flying into any port to rescue him. When her latest pirate efforts partner her with a bounty hunter who’s too charming, sexy, and handsome for his own good, she knows she’s in trouble.
Ian Marshall no longer believes in fairy tales…
Disowned and a marked criminal in the United States, this merchant turned bounty hunter, is one bounty away from freedom; and freedom’s price is handing over one person to the most cutthroat gang in the world, The Cursed. Yet, he can’t get to them without Sorella’s help. Too bad she’s gorgeous, aggravating, and a little trigger happy.
As the attraction mounts, the danger grows and the pair find themselves invading a skin trader den, the ballrooms of dictator-ruled Germany, and fighting battles in the sky in the hopes of getting everything they want. Only thing they didn’t plan on… falling in love.
Landra Graf consumes at least one book a day, and has always been a sucker for stories where true love conquers all. She believes in the power of the written word, and the joy such words can bring. In between spending time with her family and having book adventures, she writes romance with the goal of giving everyone, fictional or not, their own happily ever after.