I’m here with a friendly service reminder to all you book lovers out there and that is THIS:
Write a review.
You’ll save an author.
Wha?? Yes, it’s true. Book reviewers are just as important to authors than buying and reading their books. Why? Well, here are a few reasons:
- Around 20-25 reviews, Amazon starts including the book in “also bought” and “you might like” lists. This increases your chances of someone finding your title.
- Around 50-70 reviews, Amazon looks at your book for spotlight positions and the newsletter. This is IMPORTANT.
- Number of reviews may affect Amazon sales ranking.
- Some websites will not consider or promote your book unless you have a number of reviews on the page
- And, of course, readers may read through your reviews and decide to purchase or not purchase the book based on this.
- The book market is extremely competitive and extra reviews might tip the scale for another reader to purchase a book or not
But what does all this mean, really, for an author and how does it save them?
If people are reading books but not reviewing then an author can’t compete and earn an income. Unfortunately, if that happens then an author will have to decide if a writing career is truly viable for them or not if they don’t have support to help them.
No problem! The talented author Nancy Herkness has written a step-by-step guide on HOW to write reviews on Amazon which will take you only a minute or two and WHAT to write. It really is that easy. Check them out!
So give it a try. You might just save an author. 🙂
Are you intimidated to write a (good or bad) review for an author?