Its movie month here at Heart Shaped Glasses, so I thought I would share my top ten favourite movies.These are all films I watch over and over again.
- Aliens – best action movie ever.
- Serenity – bring back Firefly!
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back – because it started me on my lifelong love affair with Han Solo.
- Love Actually – I watch this every Christmas. I love all the intermingling stories.
- Terminator 1 and 2 – I slipped an extra one in there but I couldn’t decide which I liked better.
- Pulp Fiction – another I love for the intertwining stories (and John Travolta!)
- Lord of the Rings – okay, that’s three films but they did such a fantastic job with such a huge story.
- Gladiator – Russell Crowe in a skirt, what more can I say!
- Dirty Dancing – I just love the dancing in this movie.
- Avatar – for the special effects.
Looking at this list, there doesn’t seem to be a lot of romance in there. And, as a writer of all sorts of romance, I feel I should be watching more! So which romantic movies would you recommend?
Nina Croft grew up in the north of England. After training as an accountant, she spent four years working as a volunteer in Zambia which left her with a love of the sun and a dislike of 9-5 work. She then spent a number of years mixing travel (whenever possible) with work (whenever necessary) but has now settled down to a life of writing and picking almonds on a remote farm in the mountains of southern Spain.
Nina writes all types of romance often mixed with elements of the paranormal and science fiction.
Hey, all! Jennifer here. It’s Movie month here at the HSG blog. So…what I want to know is:
Hollywood, why on earth have you killed the romantic comedy?
Am I right? I mean, what’s going on? Is there some conspiracy against us chicklit fans?
I’m starving here for a good one. Remember the days of fun romances with Meg Ryan, Sandra Bullock, and Julia Roberts? I do! And I want them back. WAH!
In the meantime, I’ve had to WRITE and READ my romantic comedies. Which is fine. I totally can picture Sandra Bullock as Sabrina in my romance FIANCE BY FATE. However, I would love to see a good one on the screen soon! There is something about love and laughing that I find so charming and feel-good. Therefore, if any screenwriters want to convert my work to a movie, call me. We’ll talk. 🙂
Anyhew, some of my very favorite romantic comedies include:
While You Were Sleeping
Made of Honor
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Ten Days
You’ve Got Mail
I don’t see any on the horizon coming anytime soon either. SIGH.
I guess I’ll just have to keep WRITING them.
What do you think? Is it me? Are romantic comedies dying a slow death?
What’s your favorite?
Jennifer Shirk is a USA Today bestselling sweet romance author for Montlake and Entangled Publishing who also happens to be a mom, pharmacist, Red Sox fan, P90x grad, and overall nice person. Check out her latest sweet romance: CATCH HIM IF YOU CAN